*Provides transport for people and cargo by maintaining, repairing, and overhauling aircraft and aircraft engines.
* Ensures operation of aircraft by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; making repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains the stability and reputation of the airline by complying with federal aviation administration and other legal requirements.
* Detects and diagnoses malfunctions by examining engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks; listening to operating engine for abnormal sounds to detect sticking or burned valves; inspecting turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks; using testing equipment such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, and ammeter.
* Determines feasibility of and method of repair or replacement by studying and interpreting manufacturer’s and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications.
* Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures by using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment on wings and fuselage and on functional components, including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units.
* Repairs and replaces worn or damaged engines and system components by disassembling and inspecting parts for wear, warping, or other defects; reassembling, reinstalling, or installing parts; using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
* Maintains aircraft electrical and mechanical systems by adjusting, repairing, or replacing electrical wiring systems; flushing crankcase; cleaning screens; greasing moving parts; checking brakes.
* Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperativeness.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. time
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Keeps maintenance equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures.
* Maintains maintenance supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Controls and Instrumentation, Quality Focus, Documentation Skills, Lifting, Attention to Detail, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Tooling, Power Tools, Manufacturing Experience, Manufacturing Methods
* A & P Certification with Two (2) year experience in piston and turboprop.
TBD based on experience
Greater Peoria International Airport. Peoria, Illinois
*Full Time Position
*Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/401K benefits available
*Paid vacation time
Interested in working for Byerly Aviation? Please contact us today with your resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com